Jan 12, 2008

Journey: Soon to Begin

So I am about to embark on the journey of my life. Ever since I was twelve years-old I fell in love with Nabadwip. Nabadwip Dham is a holy place in West Bengal, India, due to the appearance of Sri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu, who is none other than Krishna Himself, but with a twist. An incarnation of Krishna in the mood of a devotee with love for Krishna. LOVE OF GODHEAD PERSONIFIED.

Because he appeared in this land about 500 years ago to distribute that which he felt deep in his heart: love of Godhead, the whole land of Nabadwip is holy and still radiating with His presence. In fact, if I am not mistaken, I feel that Nabadwip Dham is a manifestation of the heart of Sri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu. It is a manifestation of mercy and love, affection, which is the essential current that flows from pure Krishna consciousness. Plus, being in Nabadwip deepens the realization of the soul.

So when I went there at the age of twelve, I felt that my heart would weaken and stop feeling that explosion of happiness that I felt in Nabadwip, if I left Nabadwip. I never wanted to leave. The day came to leave and ever since then I have been dying to go back. I have visited several times, always hoping to be able to live there one day.
This summer I read the journal that I wrote when I was there for the first time and it said: "I love Nabadwip. I hope to move there when I finish high-school and learn Bengali." I thought, "I am twenty now and I still have not done this?" That was it. After some meditation, introspection, and prayer, I wrote my Gurudev a letter and asked him for permission to live there for some time. He gave his permission and with his blessings, I am about to embark on the journey that I have been waiting for. Some internal transformations are brewing about....

No comments: